Any of you out there that are about my age will remember " the good ol' days ". No, I'm not going to tell my age. You will figure out my approximate age if you continue reading on.
One of my most favourite places to hang out years ago was called Decadance. Some may recall the bubble tubes in the wall in the upper lounge and the huge bubble tubes at the corners of the dance floor. Decadance was at the corner of Pandora and Government Streets. Even before that place opened, the Century Inn had a dining room where the dance floor ended up and the lounge servers were dressed in flimsy harem costumes.
They new me quite well there. I probably dropped by too often. One of the daytime bartenders used to walk up to my spot at the bar daily and whisper " if anyone asks, this is yours " as he slides over his half-downed scotch and water. He was a great person though and I usually got a free drink out of the deal.
A ton of you will remember where you ate late at night after the bars kicked you out into the street. We went to Romeos, Pauls, Denny's, remember ? I still go to those 3 restaurants, just not as late. My best memories were of Coffee Macs. That restaurant was, for me anyways, The Most entertaining night-time place in Victoria. I loved it. Watching all the different types, sober or not, that came in to fill their belly. THAT was a nightout in Victoria.
The nightlife in Victoria is still out there. It's different, but still a great time.
More nostalgia soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment