No, I just mean when I used to go out every night. I remember a place on lower Johnson St(I think) that was open after hours, even after the bars closed at 2am. The door wasn't right out on the main street. You had to walk up a dark alley, then go up a long set of stairs. It was really dark and the dance floor had huge 3 foot tiles, or maybe it was painted, in a checker board pattern.
Being after hours, it was not licensed but everyone seemed to have a bottle of something to mix with their pop. I can remember the seats. They were about 4 feet across, hexagonal, padded and no backrests in sight. There must have been lamps inside the bottoms because the light came through the tiny star and moon patterns that were cut into the side panels. It looked cool, and a bit blurry by the time I got there.
After the dancing and downing all of our "mixed drinks" we would sometimes go to Pauls Restaurant. It was open 24 hours and had kind of a family style menu. The one I went to the most was closer to town. The one with the upstairs lounge surrounded by copper. Man, it takes a long time for copper to rot. My other most popular Paul's was kitty corner from Denny's but it is long gone now.
It was so busy at the downtown Pauls that people waiting for tables would sit on the low, 9 inch wide window sill close to their friends that already had a table. I don't know what their hours are now so I hope Pauls will post a profile on VictoriaNightOut.com so everyone will know for sure.
The nightlife in Victoria was alot of fun then and still is now.
No comments:
Post a Comment